The Microsoft Outlook desktop application is a secure software protected by SSL and TLS security encrypted by Microsoft. But sometimes it shows a pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5 error. When Outlook causes errors like these, then the work becomes more uncomfortable and tedious. For a non-technical user, such bugs can block the product. Therefore, I will provide troubleshooting solutions with the help of effective methods.
First, let’s understand why a given error occurs. Read the next section to know more.
Table of Contents
Why Error pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5 appears in Outlook?
This problem occurs when a user tries to connect to a mail server with SSL encryption, and the connection does not establish. In addition, SSL encryption may be disabled for your email account. There are two types of encryption provided by SMTP servers for sending and receiving emails, namely, SSL and TLS. If one encryption does not connect due to incorrect settings, a specified error may occur.
Now, I will explain what happens when this error occurs.
What Happens When Outlook Error pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5 Occurs?
When this error occurs in Outlook, the following symptoms can be easily seen:
- Windows OS starts crashing abruptly.
- Apps stop responding, and the device needs to be restarted.
- The mouse and keyboard take too long to respond.
Here, I have described the symptoms of the Outlook error. In the next section, I will provide the best solutions to eliminate the above-mentioned error.
Ways to Fix pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5 Error in Outlook
There are many ways to correct this mistake. Therefore, to help you navigate this issue, I have provided some excellent tips as described below:
- Reset SMTP and POP settings.
- Use SCANPST.exe to edit PST files.
- Check / Delete duplicate account.
- Configure MS Office application from Control Panel.
The methods given above are described below, so keep learning to fix the bug as soon as possible.
# 1. Reset SMTP and POP Server settings
To fix pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5 in Outlook, you need to correct SMTP and POP settings. Follow the steps given below:
For MS Outlook 2016:
- Launch MS Outlook on your device.
- Go to file menu >> Info >> Account settings >> Manage profiles.
- In the Mail setup box, click the Email Accounts tab.
- Here, select your email account and double-click it.
- Tap the many settings button.
- Now, check Outgoing Server set up on my SMTP server needs verification.
- After that, go to the advanced tab and check the IMAP and SMTP server numeric settings. (As shown in the picture below)
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 465
- After this, check that the encrypted connection is set to SSL / TLS. (As shown in the picture above). Then, click the OK button.
Using the method provided above, the user can easily configure SSL encryption settings and fix the problem pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5 in Outlook 2016. To set up SSL encryption settings in MS Outlook 2010 and 2007, follow the next section.
For MS Outlook 2010:
- Launch the MS Outlook application on your system.
- Go to the File tab >> Information >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Here double-click on your email account.
- Select more settings options
- In the Advanced section, check the IMAP and SMTP port settings. (As shown in the picture below)
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 587
- After this, check if the encrypted server connection is set to SSL and TLS. (As shown in the picture above). Click the OK button.
For MS Outlook 2007:
- Launch the Control Panel on your computer. Set the view to larger categories. Select Mail settings.
- In the Mail setup box, click the Email Account option.
- Select a shipping account and select the switch button.
- Go to More Settings.
- Now check in the Advanced menu that the Incoming and Outgoing Server settings are set as mentioned below. Also, check the encryption method set to SSL. (As shown in the picture below). Tap OK to close settings.
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 465
# 2. Use SCANPST.exe to edit PST files
SCANPST.exe is an Inbox repair tool provided by MS Outlook to repair damaged PST files. So to fix the error pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5, you need to remove PST corruption using SCANPST.exe. Follow the steps provided:
- Open Windows Explorer on your computer.
- Now, go to the following location: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office14. This will open the Microsoft Office filesystem.
- Here, search for the SCANPST.exe program. Then run the program on your system.
- Browse to the .pst file and click on Start to continue the editing process.
- Next, select the Backup option. Then select the Browse button to set the location of the backup file. Now, select the configuration option to complete the process.
# 3. Check / Delete Duplicate Account
An error pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5 may also occur when MS Outlook is set up with duplicate accounts. The steps mentioned below will delete duplicate accounts:
- Launch the Control Panel on your device.
- Set view by category. Then click the Mail Settings option.
- Select the Email Accounts menu.
- In Account Settings, select a duplicate account, and then click the Delete button.
# 4. Configure MS Office application from Control Panel
MS Outlook error pii_email_a427253221614b6547d5 may also occur when the MS Office system needs to be repaired. Therefore, to configure the MS Office application, you need to follow the steps provided:
- Open the Control Panel program on your system.
- Select uninstall a program option.
- Here, Select the MS Office application, and click the Switch button.
- Select the configuration option. Click on the Continue tab.
- Follow the instructions given to configure the MS Office system.
- Then restart your system and launch the MS Outlook program.
With the steps provided, you can correct the error provided above.