Usually, your dog’s eyes are supposed to be clear and bright. But at times, there are infections. There are several causes of dog eye infection. Most human eye infections get caused because of exposure to bacteria or viruses. However, dog eye infections are slightly complex. In dogs, the ocular irritation and discharge usually get linked with underlying conditions like dry eye, allergies, and structural eyelid abnormalities, resulting in bacterial infections.
However, most dog eye infections are not contagious. However, when you are treating the same, the vet might use medicated eye drops for dogs which are essential to treat the eye condition. The common reasons for eye infections in a dog are:
- Dry eye
- Canine distemper
- Birth defects
- Tear duct problems
- Foreign matter in the eye
Such conditions and irritants can often result in conjunctivitis, which gets caused by eye lining inflammation. At times, dogs can get pink eye, a contagious type of conjunctivitis due to a viral or bacterial infection. Hence, if your dog exhibits signs of eye infection, it’s good to consider it infectious and keep him apart from other pups. It will stop the infection spread.
Dog eye drops
The dog eye drops get used to ensure that your dog’s eye health is secure from any damage. However, before you use dog eye drops, you need to check the eyes regularly. You can get this done by making use of damp cotton wool for cleaning the eyes. You should also check whether the eyes are bright and clear without any inflammation, swelling, and unexpected discharge.
The dog eyedrop for dry eyes
If your dog has dry eyes, then the doctor will suggest eye drops for dry eyes. The market provides the best eye drops. The qualities of the best eye drops for dry eyes are:
- It is a soothing, sheer gel that helps to cast a thin, clear film across the eye and cause no blurring effect.
- The drop is especially to suit the ocular surface of your furry friend
- It can enhance the symptoms that get linked with dry eye
- It gives advanced hydration to the eyes so that your dog feels comfortable for a long time with just a few applications of the drop
- It is patented hyaluronic acid that lasts longer
The dog eyedrop for cataracts
Cataracts can blur your dog’s vision. You must visit a vet and allow him or her to take the required step. Today, there are advanced cataract eye drops available in the market, with the following features:
- It helps to treat any cataracts, ocular degeneration and minimized clarity
- The eye drop has specialized formulated lubricants with nutrients and anti-oxidants that ensures stable ocular health and clarity
- It gets made in many that aim at the reactions which result in damaged proteins and offer nutrients required to repair the changed amino residuals
- It also provides the oxidation to enable the proteins to get back to a healthy state
- The eyedrop has a patented formula that offers the nutrients to repair and secure the eye
Generally, the best cataract and dry-eye eye drops comprise many anti-oxidants so that your dog’s eye is strong and healthy.
You May Also Like: Dog Talk: What Your Dog Is Trying to Tell You.